Our firm is registered with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) which allows us to perform audits of public companies listed on the United States stock exchange. Coulter and Justus is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Center for Audit Quality which requires member firms to have specific quality control policies and procedures in effect.
Our SEC Services Group focuses on serving publicly traded mid-sized and emerging growth companies in a wide variety of industries. Our team of professionals have a wealth of SEC experience obtained through many years of working for the Big 4 or national firms and international, multi-billion dollar publicly traded companies. Our professionals have worked extensively with public filers on everything from initial SEC registration and public debt filings to ongoing SEC reporting and compliance, internal controls attestation and complex accounting and financial matters facing today’s publicly traded companies.
Our ability to consistently deliver the ideal combination of expertise, service, and price to publicly traded companies has earned us a reputation as an attractive alternative to the Big 4 and national firms.
In working with Coulter & Justus, you will experience the combined benefits of high level expertise and personalized service. Our streamlined, accessible organizational structure means our firm is able to mobilize quickly to service our public company clients, ensuring flexibility and responsiveness to your changing needs.
Our versatility is especially important for small public companies, which may not have the resources to stay on top of ongoing regulatory and reporting requirements, and therefore benefit greatly from our more collaborative approach. Our reasonable fees are another exceptional benefit, one that leaves more of your dollars focused on operations, generating profit and optimizing shareholder value
We regularly provide guidance to our clients with their prospectuses, proxy statements, Form S-1’s, and Form 10-Q’s and 10-K’s. We are also experienced with reverse mergers and Form 10 transactions as a way of going public. We can guide companies through the IPO process, working with you and your SEC counsel on your Form S-1 and prospectus and the audit of your financial statements under PCAOB audit standards. We continually keep our clients informed of the latest SEC and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) developments, and we maintain an active involvement with audit committees to ensure their participation.
Outsourced Services for SEC Registrants
Coulter & Justus fulfills the independence-driven needs of public companies by serving as a complementary provider of non-audit advisory services such as tax planning, compliance tax provision work, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and business valuations. We often act as an extension of a public company’s internal team, bringing standby senior level technical expertise to bear on complex issues they need resolved, whether it be revenue recognition, transfer pricing, stock compensation, derivatives, purchase accounting, intangible asset valuation or goodwill impairment.
- Preparation of financial statements and footnotes
- Preparation of Form 10-K and 10-Q, including MD&A
- Preparation of prospectuses and registration statements, including pro-forma disclosures
- Reverse acquisition transactions
- GAAP research
- Assistance with responses to SEC comment letters
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal controls documentation and testing
- Analysis of complex debt and equity transactions
- Outsourced internal audits
- Tax compliance
- Income tax provisions and deferred taxes
- Uncertain income tax position analysis
- Mergers and acquisitions due diligence
- Valuation of goodwill and intangibles
- Impairment analysis for long-lived assets and goodwill
- Purchase price allocations
- Employee Benefit Plan audits of 11-K filing plans with high expertise at much more reasonable rates than charged by the Big 4 and the national firms